Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Loose rotating base of my Mach1 mount

I am still experiencing subs like this one:

I.e. the scope suddenly moves quite a bit and the guider needs several steps to bring it back in. The rate is <10% but it's pretty annoying.

I looked for hanging wires and all other stuff. So far without success. But when I recently worked with the scope, I noticed that the rotating base of the mount has some play. You can see it in this video:



In this video, I am moving the scope without much force from side to side. Everything else on the mount is very stable.

I asked on the Astro-Physics mailing list for advice...

---

George from Astro-Physics told me that I should slightly and carefully tighten the tension adjustment screws on the side of the base. I did that ... and haven't seen these issues anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment