Today, was a very clear day and I thought I'll install it.
Here is a picture of the scope plus the Double Stack Module (plus instructions):
Installation was fairly straight forward:
1. Remove the rear part right after the red tuner:
2. Next, attach the Double Stack Module to the pressure tuner:
3. And finally attach the focuser extenstion tube to the Double Stack Module:
That was (almost) it!!!
When I use the eyepiece, I could use the instructions like a charm:
- Now, the image looked quite dim
- Turning the PT cylinder on the Double Stack Module until the image is bright
- Now, tune the Single Stack Tuner as usual
- And finally, tune the Double Stack Module until maximum contrast.
Visually, I "think" I could see a difference, but wasn't sure. So, I popped in my Grasshopper camera to take images to compare.
... but now I could not focus anymore !!!
Turns out I skipped one part of the instructions: "Make sure you remove the black extension piece from the focuser prior to installation" (to make me feel better, I am apparently not the only one who forgot that...) Well, that makes sense, the Double Stack Module moved the whole focuser extension back. So, I remove the extension piece...
... and voila! Now, I could focus again!!!