Friday, June 12, 2020

Namid Observatory - Day 7

Drove all the way to Thatcher, AZ to get a TV mount for the flat box. Just after I drove back, I got an email from Al that our network cables might be faulty. Turned around and bought Ethernet cables (and a VGA-HDMI adapter and an RJ10 cable).

When I came back, I could connect our NUC to one of the VGA monitors and finally set it to automatically reboot on power on (in the BIOS).

Then I setup and configured SGPro. Ultimately, we want to use ACP. But it will take a while to get all those script written (power up/down mount, start Delta-T...) In the meantime we will use SGPro to get going.

We then built the mount for the flat panel and did all the cabling - tomorrow we'll install that. And that's the last piece!!!

... and then night was windy and overcast again. No polar alignment. This means that we will only have one shot left for doing that ...

Next: Day 8

No comments:

Post a Comment