Sunday, June 14, 2020

Namid Observatory - Day 9

This day was supposed to be just for travelling.

But when I went one last time to the observatory, I noticed that the mount wasn't parked properly - I thought that I did that last night, but maybe forgot. So, I moved it manually to the parking position. But when I moved it, I noticed that the DEC balance was quite off - it was very heavy in the front ...

... turns out that the screws that Richard put in the front to prevent the shroud from slipping inside added some weight. I removed one of the three little counterweights and could balance the whole scope by moving the guidescope slightly forward.

... and while I was doing all this, I could hear a very faint clicking sound from the filter wheel. It could be that some of the filters are not fully fixed. But it got too late and I had to leave ...

No comments:

Post a Comment