Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A looooooooong hiatus

For several months, I had to put my beloved hobby on hold. First, winter season means snowboard season!!! Second, we got our wish and El Nino gave us lots of rain in California. Third, it's hard to carry my scope outside with a broken leg (again: Snowboarding :-(

I spent the time to upgrade my equipment and fix a number of things:
  • I switched from 50mm round filters to 50mm square filters to reduce vignetting when using the super reducer
  • With that, I needed new filter wheels - I decided to get two filter wheels:
    • a 7 position wheel for backyard photography (narrowband and mid-band filters)
    • a 5 position wheel for dark skies (LRGB filters)
  • A couple of times, I had some issues with my USB hub. I bought a new one from Kendrick - specifically design for Astrophotography (led's, heated, outdoors)

  • (too bad that it doesn't come with only 4 outputs)
  • I still had problems with dew and decided to get a Dewbuster
  • I sent in my 16070 camera to fix the vertical stripes - received it back
  • Once I could try the dewbuster and make sure that it works, I could finally clean my front lens
Of course, the first time I tried everything together several things failed or had to be adjusted :-S

No comments:

Post a Comment