First, I wanted to make sure that I won't get dew anymore. I decided to go with the DewBuster. First, I considered the Kendrick DigiFire controller. But then I felt that it was overkill to control the dew controller through the computer (plus the dewbuster is significantly cheaper). It took me a little to configure the dewbuster, I finally decided to go with:
- two dew controllers (one for the main scope, one for the guider scope)
- 4 12V outlets (this would allow me to get rid of my small Anderson distributor)
Unfortunately, the dewbuster does not come with Anderson connectors but only with RCA connectors.
After a little over a month, the dewbuster was delivered. Installation was easy. I only needed to order RCA connectors for the cables. I put them on the power cables on my scope:
On the lens, you just clip the temperature sensor under the dew strip and let the other sensor dangling in the air:
Over the next nights, I played with the temperature - the best results were with 5 degrees (as recommended by Ron Keating :-)
This should do the trick - and no more dew buildup!!!
... which means, I can finally clean my front lens!!!