Friday, June 5, 2020

Namid Observatory - Travel

Boy, I needed A LOT of stuff (especially as I had to carry all of Manoj's equipment as he couldn't come)

Plus hand sanitizer, wipes, masks, filters for the masks... I had barely any space for clothes...

Traveling was interesting. SFO airport was almost empty (on a Friday afternoon!) but the plane was almost full!!! Everybody wearing masks. In Phoenix, I got my car and drove down to our site. The drive was fairly boring. Except for the airplane parking space next to the freeway
(it's a little bit difficult to see: there are hundreds of commercial jets parked - waiting for air travel to pick up again)

Late night I arrived at DSNM and was greeted by Michael and Diana - the owners of the site. As good as the site is, Michael and Diana make it so much better. They are great hosts (they invited us several times for breakfast or dinner), Michael has a full machine shop with all kinds of tools, bolts, cables... that he opened up for us. And most importantly, they have two studios ON SITE where you can stay during your installation!!! All of that made this week an amazing experience.

Next: Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment