- I neutralized the background of the RGB and Ha image with the AutomatedBackgroundExtraction. I find it easier to neutralize the background of the combined image afterwards.
- I create a synthetized Luminance image by adding up the RGB image
- After step 12 (remove gradient), I used BackgroundNeutralization and ColorCalibration to correct the colors.
- In step 19 (Make stars smaller) I could not apply the Deconvolution steps: in areas where stars were in front of the galaxy, I would create dark halos around the stars:
Before the first Morphological transformation:After the first Morphological transformation:
With this PSF, I apply Deconvolution
Before Deconvolution:After Deconvolution:
- Step 20 (Enhance Dark Structures) gave me an issue I could not resolve: I could not apply the DarkStructureEnhance script as long as the image had a mask. When I applied the script without the mask, it created to stark contrasts all over the image. I left it out.
- This is the image that I ended up with:
Pretty happy with this one - always remember: I image from a near-white site!!!