Sunday, June 14, 2015

Paramount MyT - Day 5 - Cabling and first unguided imaging

Today, I received the FLI cable <link> from Bisque and now can do the final cabling.
<photos from cabling>

Now, there is exactly one USB cable running from the mount to the computer!

With everything now together, I wanted to try my first unguided imaging. I took a model with 270+ points, had very good polar alignment. I then setup my sequence in SGPro (chose "slew"instead of "center", disabled guiding). I chose NGC 6888 (Crescent Nebula) as a first target. It was kind of weird to not have guiding on...

This was the first image:

and a zoomed in look:

Some streaks - but then I remembered that I didn't turn on ProTrack.

So, here is a later image:

And the zoom:

Slightly better. And for unguided actually really good. Very cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment