Monday, May 15, 2017

Sudden disconnects from MyT mount

On Sunday, when I tried to take some sun images, my MyT mount suddenly started to disconnect. At first, I thought that it is just a fluke thing, but then it happened pretty reliably every time I gave a slew command from TSX.

I saw two error messages:
Device: Mount
Error, poor communication, connection automatically
terminated. Error = 213.

Receive time-out.COMM_TIMEOUT . Error = 21002.


After the slew ended I could connect TSX again...

Tried a different USB port or a different cable, both with the same result.

I then tried with my other NUC and my laptop - both worked fine. So, it seems to be something about the computer. I then tried to power the mount and/or the NUC separately to make sure that there is enough power, but always with the same results.

Finally, I posted in the Bisque forum.

... maybe it is the 12-48V converter ...

---

Yes, it was the converter. And when I investigated it more, I blew the controller board and the NUC !!! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment